Digital Marketing 11 min read
Drive Digital Differently With UsLet's Talk
How to Combine SEO and AI for Better Digital Marketing
- 08 Sep 2023 7 min read
Artificial intelligence (AI) in digital marketingl is revolutionizing the way marketers work, and its application in search engine optimization (SEO) is no different.
The combination of SEO and AI presents huge opportunities for experts in the field – but it also poses new questions for marketers who seek AI-driven solutions to search engine optimization problems.
How might experts like you leverage artificial intelligence on search engine optimization today? What AI-powered SEO tools can you utilize to drive digital wins for your business right now?
And, perhaps most importantly: how might you incorporate these new techniques into your content creation through safe and ethical ways this year?
Discover pro tips to leverage your optimization work with artificial intelligence today. Check out this guide from the experts in digital marketing to improve your online presence in unprecedented ways right now.
How AI can help with SEO performance
AI and AI-driven tools can help drive search performance success in various ways. From improving workflow to optimizing on-page content, AI can accomplish tons of high-volume optimization work at a larger, more efficient scale this year.
Here are the six most specific ways you can leverage artificial intelligence on search engine optimization performance and stay competitive online right now.
Improve overall workflow.
The first way that you can leverage artificial intelligence on search engine optimization performance is by using it to improve your overall workflow.
The process of optimizing your website for search is complex. There are tons of workflow paths that you can take in optimizing your site, with steps that range from keyword research to competitive backlink analysis, and much more.
While these workflows will vary depending on your business needs, you can be sure of two things: that these tasks will be high-volume and data-heavy, in order to successfully drive optimization wins for your business today.
This is where AI comes into play. AI-driven digital marketing tools and software can be utilized to accomplish high-volume and data-heavy tasks, in order to keep you competitive in search. With AI-powered tools, you can automate various work tasks so that you can focus on other pressing marketing concerns for your business.
Some popular AI streamlining tools that come to mind are OpenAI’s ChatGPT and Dall-E 2. As you read through this guide, you’ll discover more excellent examples of tools you can use to drive optimization wins for your brand too.
Drive better keyword research.
The second way that AI can assist in optimizing your website information for search is by driving better keyword research and utilization.
AI tools help marketers collect data, insights, and recommendations for keyword research in real time. With the help of machine learning, these tools quickly gather information and rapidly make smart decisions around keyword targeting – thus accelerating and automating the overall process for keyword marketers today.
As a digital marketing pro, you won’t have to waste huge amounts of time looking for and choosing the right keywords. Instead, you can form curated keyword clusters from thousands of relevant keyword lists to bring in qualified traffic to your website today.
Leverage natural language processing (NLP).
Natural language processing (NLP) is an AI-powered tool that gives computers the ability to understand human text and spoken language. This isn’t some new and intimidating technology; older versions of NLP have been around since the 1950s.
Today’s NLP, however, is leveraged in Google voice search. It allows users to gain incredibly accurate results via voice recognition, thus boosting the popularity of this form of search. Given the popularity of voice search among users today, it’s important to optimize your site for voice SEO using an AI-backed principle like NLP this year.
AI tools like Frase can help you optimize website content for voice SEO through the use of NLP. It can show you the questions that users are asking, and provide long-tail keyword suggestions for optimizing your website for this form of search.
In optimizing content for voice SEO, you’re ensuring your website ranks high on search engine results pages (SERPs), thus driving more wins for your business today.
Automate and increase content creation.
One very interesting way that AI can help in optimization work is by automating and increasing content creation for experts today.
Automated content marketing enables digital marketers to release output much faster and more efficiently, with little initial effort. By utilizing AI copywriting tools, you can generate titles, meta descriptions, sentences, and even full paragraphs, in just a fraction of the usual content creation time.
Of course, these AI-powered tools have a long way to go before replacing human content creation expertise. If you want to leverage these tools for your optimization efforts, try using them as starting points first. That way, you can save time and scale production without losing the ever-important human touch either.
Provide personalization insights for search.
Another way that AI can assist in optimization success is by providing personalization insights for more targeted search results.
AI-powered SEO tools are capable of mimicking search engines in order to provide recommendations to improve your website’s user experience (UX). With a better UX, users can enjoy a more personalized experience on your website, thus increasing their time spent on your platform.
This, along with other positive metrics for customer satisfaction, shows search engines that your website is worth ranking higher on SERPs. With AI-driven SEO tools like Market Brew, for example, you can gain personalization insights to improve your content and increase your website rankings today.
Optimize on-page content.
The last way AI can help improve your search engine optimization work is by improving your on-page content. This includes everything from your headlines down to your visual content, all to ensure the most effective website possible for your optimization goals.
Search engines often have specific standards to follow when it comes to ranking websites on SERPs. Google, for example, uses their Ranking Results standards to rank websites based on their content’s meaning, relevance, quality, usability, and context.
Based on these guidelines, you can use all-in-one AI tools like NeuronWriter to produce extremely usable website information. You can program this written content to come with relevant keywords, contextualized visuals, and quality information, all with the help of AI.
With AI, you’ll be able to optimize every part of your on-page website content. This expert SEO practice will help you meet Google engine standards and rank higher on SERPs for your business today.
Key SEO and AI statistics
The effective use of both SEO and AI can have a massive impact on your digital marketing executions. Here are a few key statistics that show just how important AI is to your strategy, SERP ranking, and overall digital marketing success:
- More than 80% of marketing experts have integrated AI into their work since 2020. In a recent worldwide AI marketing study, surveys found that this vast adoption of AI could be seen in marketing task automation, data analytics, and campaign personalization – all for digital marketers’ benefit.
- Advertisers who adopt AI-driven SEO tools achieve 18% more conversions overall. As observed in Performance Max, Google’s AI-powered SEO tool, advertisers observed higher conversions across YouTube, GMail, and Google Search, all at similar costs per action than non-AI tools.
- Advertisers also gain a 35% increase in their click-through rates with AI-powered Search ad targeting. By switching from exact match to broad match, Google’s AI-driven targeting option for Search ads, advertisers gain 35% more conversions on average for their PPC marketing campaigns.
- Only 10% of Philippine firms have developed strategies to leverage AI. This is according to Xerxes Cooper, the President of Strategic Markets for Kyndryl, which is the world’s largest provider of IT infrastructure. According to Cooper, the Philippines is still a “maturing market” in the ASEAN with plenty of room to grow for AI and data utilization.
- Overall, 44% of businesses report cost savings from AI adoption, across the 80% of marketers who integrated AI worldwide. This goes to show the increasing pace of AI adoption in digital marketing alongside the importance of AI for staying competitive in the optimization landscape today.
Demystifying AI content assistant SEO tools
As more and more marketing technologies are made available for your search engine optimization work, your concern around AI content tools might grow as well. But at this point, there’s no need to fear artificial intelligence in search engine optimization. Here are a few tips to clarify the role of SEO and AI right now:
- AI tools generate content using pre-existing information. These tools utilize machine learning and NLP to draw their “knowledge” from vast reserves of pre-existing data online.
- There are both pros and cons to using AI for SEO content creation. As mentioned in a previous section, one pro to using AI-powered SEO tools includes increased and automated content production. Notable cons to using AI, however, include the creation of spammy content without a unique brand voice.
- AI-generated content is everywhere. No, this article wasn’t written by an AI program. However, if you’ve ever interacted with an automated chatbot, then you’ve already interacted with AI-generated content online.
In summary, SEO with AI isn’t just “AI taking over your practice” for humanity. Rather, it is a way for digital marketers to leverage artificial intelligence on search engine optimization and speed up time-consuming optimization tasks.
With this technologically advanced leverage, experts gain extra time and resources to unlock more digital marketing skills, thus allowing them to implement better search strategies to scale today.
The future of SEO and AI is bright and promising. As more AI technologies are made available, search engine professionals can free up more time and resources to implement better optimization strategies, thus driving more SEO wins this year.
Improve your relevance and expertise in SEO work by leveraging AI today. Here are some final takeaways to bring with you as you begin this newest optimization venture this year:
- Stay curious about emerging technologies. If you reject the emergence of new AI technologies outright, then you’ll never learn new things or improve your search engine strategies in today’s rapidly evolving digital age.
- Use AI as a stepping stone, not a crutch. AI-powered tools are meant to free up your time and resources for better optimization strategies. Don’t use them as a crutch or replacement for more human aspects of your work.
- Leverage expert support. If you’re hesitant to leverage new tools for your practice, consider asking for expert help from established digital marketing services to guide your optimization journey instead.
Subscribe to the Propelrr newsletter as well, if you find this article and our other information helpful to your needs.
Choose topics you want to get regular updates on: