Content Marketing Trends for 2023
PropelrrDecember 1, 2022
Between artificial intelligence and voice assistants alone, 2023 seems like an exciting year for content marketing trends.
Content marketing is always evolving. What worked last year may not work this year, which is why it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends. Here are some content marketing trends to keep an eye on in 2023.
As the old saying goes, “the only constant is change.” And that’s certainly true when it comes to content marketing. What worked last year may not work this year, which is why it’s important to stay on top of the latest trends.
Content marketing trends to watch out for in 2023
1. Video marketing
One trend to watch in 2023 is video marketing. According to a study by Wyzowl, 82 percent of businesses said they plan to increase their use of video content in the next 12 months. That’s because videos are an effective way to engage and connect with your audience.
Video marketing is becoming an increasingly important part of content marketing strategies. Here are three reasons why brands should consider using video in their marketing plans:
- Videos are engaging. People are more likely to engage with video content than with text or static images.
- Videos are versatile. Videos can be used in a variety of ways, including on social media, on your website, and in emails. They can also be used as part of a larger marketing campaign or as a standalone piece of content.
- Videos are effective. According to a study by Cisco, video will account for 80 percent of all internet traffic by 2021. That’s because videos are an effective way to communicate your message and reach your target audience.
2. Personalized content
Eighty seven percent (87%) of consumers say they prefer personalized content from brands.
One of the reasons why that is is because it helps businesses connect with their customers on a more personal level. Personalized content is more relevant to the individual, which means they’re more likely to find it interesting and engaging.
Personalized content also helps businesses target their advertising efforts. By tailoring content to the individual, businesses can reach the customers who are most likely to be interested in their products or services. This can result in increased sales and ROI for businesses.
Overall, personalized content is a powerful tool for businesses. It helps them connect with customers on a more personal level, target their advertising efforts, and increase sales and ROI.
3. Virtual reality
Virtual reality is becoming increasingly popular, and is expected to be a $40 billion industry by 2020. businesses are starting to realize the potential of VR and are beginning to use it in their marketing campaigns.
There are many ways businesses can use VR in their marketing efforts. Here are a few examples:
- Use VR to create 360-degree product tours. This is a great way to give customers a closer look at your products.
- Use VR to create immersive customer experiences. This can be used to create a “virtual” showroom or to allow customers to experience your products or services before they buy them.
- Use VR for advertising. You can create VR ads that allow customers to interact with your product or service.
- Use VR for content marketing. You can use VR to create interactive content that engages and entertains your audience.
- Use VR for lead generation. You can use VR to create interactive lead forms that allow customers to learn more about your products or services.
Overall, virtual reality is a powerful tool that businesses can use in their marketing efforts. It allows businesses to create immersive, interactive experiences that engage and entertain customers.
4. Augmented reality
AR is also growing in popularity, and is expected to be a $60 billion industry by 2020.
Augmented reality is a great tool for businesses to use in their marketing efforts.
There are many ways businesses can use AR in their marketing campaigns. Here are a few examples:
- For creating interactive ads.
- Creating product demos.
- Producing interactive content.
5. Voice search
By 2020, 50 percent of all searches will be done via voice search.
If you want your business to be successful in the age of voice search, you need to optimize your content for this type of search. Here are a few tips for optimizing your content for voice search:
- Use natural language. When writing content for voice search, use natural language that people would use in everyday conversation. This will make it easier for customers to find your content when they’re using voice search.
- Use long-tail keywords. When doing keyword research, focus on long-tail keywords that are specific to your business and products or services. This will help you rank higher in voice search results.
- Make your content easy to read. When formatting your content, make sure it’s easy to read and scan. This will make it easier for customers to find the information they’re looking for when using voice search.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices. More and more people are using voice search on their mobile devices, so make sure your website is optimized for these devices.
- Publish fresh content regularly. To ensure your website is found by customers using voice search, publish fresh content regularly. This will help keep your website updated and relevant to customers’ needs.
6. Short-form video
Short-form video is becoming popular because it’s a quick and easy way to get your message across. You can communicate your ideas in a fraction of the time it would take to write a blog post or create a video. Plus, people are more likely to watch a short video than read a long article.
Short-form video is perfect for capturing attention and getting your point across quickly. If you want to stay ahead of the curve, start using short-form videos in your content marketing strategy.
7. Empathy and human-focused content
People are craving content that is human-focused and empathy-based. This is because we live in a world where technology is constantly evolving and becoming more advanced. We are constantly surrounded by machines that are designed to make our lives easier, but at what cost?
We are beginning to realize that we are sacrificing our humanity in favor of technological advancement. This is why empathy-based and human-focused content is becoming popular. People want content that reminds them of the importance of their humanity and connects them with other people.
Empathy-based and human-focused content can take many forms, such as blog posts, videos, or even ads. The key is to make sure the content is authentic and resonates with your target audience. If you can do this, you will be successful in reaching more people with your message.
8. Data, artificial intelligence (AI), automation, and the metaverse
As technology evolves, more and more businesses are using data, AI, and automation to improve their operations. Data is being used to track customer behavior and preferences, AI is being used to create more personalized customer experiences, and automation is being used to automate tasks that used to require human labor.
All of these technologies are becoming popular because they offer businesses a way to improve their efficiency and competitiveness. Data allows businesses to make better decisions based on empirical evidence, AI allows businesses to provide a more personalized experience for each customer, and automation allows businesses to automate tasks that used to require human labor.
All of these technologies are poised to revolutionize the business world, and businesses need to begin preparing for this change now. Those who embrace these technologies will be able to stay ahead of the competition, while those who resist will be left behind.
9. The dominance of podcasts
Podcasts have become increasingly popular in recent years. This is because they offer a unique listening experience that can’t be found anywhere else.
Podcasts are perfect for people who want to learn new things. There are podcasts on almost every topic imaginable, so there is something for everyone. Plus, podcasts are a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest news and trends.
Another reason why podcasts are becoming more popular is because they are easy to access. All you need is a phone or computer and an internet connection. Plus, there are many free podcasts available online.
Businesses should consider using podcasts as a way to reach more customers. Podcasts offer a unique way to connect with customers and provide them with valuable information. Podcasts can also help businesses build their brand and reputation.
For more updates on trends surrounding content marketing and other digital marketing disciplines, make sure to subscribe to the Propelrr newsletter.