Web Development 6 min read
Guide on How to Create a Web Development Framework
- 25 Nov 2022 7 min read
In this digital age, having a good web development framework for your brand is a must. Everyone is hooked up on the internet and the market is now online. That is why it is essential for businesses to invest in web design and development development and create their own websites.
Business websites are a gateway in tapping into the digital world and marketing brands or services to an audience online. Through a website, you can build your presence online and strengthen it with a marketing strategy and content marketing, optimize your website for product search engines, and build a community online.
What is a web development framework?
Web development framework is a tool used by experts in the field of web design and development in building and managing web applications, web services, and websites. It is an essential part of web development, because in this digital age you must be updated with the current trend when it comes to building and managing the website application of your brand.
Here are the types of web development frameworks that you will encounter when you will be developing the website for your brand.
What are the types of web development frameworks?
There are different types of web development frameworks and each of these has their own unique function.
- Frontend web development framework. Front end frameworks are also known as the client-side framework because it is the part of your website that is visible to your user. This part of the framework is where the user experience and user interference design are being developed.
- Backend web development framework. This type of framework is also known as the server side framework since it is the hidden part of your website. The primary task of this framework is to keep the website functioning by dealing with the server database, routing protocols, authorizing options, and data security.
Now that you have an idea on what are the types of web development frameworks and how they work, here are some reasons why you must use them.
Why must you use a web development framework?
Web development framework also helps you to manage and track your website’s functionality and performance. Most web frameworks rely on the Model-View-Controller Architecture; these three work together to have a better web application.
- Model – All data is stored in the model, logic layers, and guidelines. The moment the controller sends the user input data to the model, the model will automatically update the interface on how it should be displayed in the view.
- View – It is your app’s front end, where the view gets the user input and it relays it to the controller. The controller will examine the inputs received then it will update and reconstruct according to the guidelines of the model.
- Controller – It is responsible for translating the inputs from the model and the view. It receives the user inputs from the view, processes it then relays the change required to the model.
This tool is helpful for your brand or business, because creating a robust website allows you to market your business online, establish credibility, and expand your audience from local to even worldwide. When your website is user friendly and provides a positive user experience then you will have no troubles attracting customers for your brand online.
Here are some web development framework tools that you must try when you want your website to stand out from the competition.
How to create a web development framework
When creating your web development framework it is important that you have a clear plan and well defined goals. You must look at what your audience needs and make sure that these needs are delivered. Here are some points that you should check when creating a user-centric web development framework.
- Initiate a market study. The first thing that you must do is to look for user problems that you want to solve. Study what the users wants and needs when it comes to websites, what makes them interact more when they visit a web application. You must also be up to date with the latest web and app development so that you know what is the latest trend in web development.
- Define your goal. After you have identified what the user wants, then you can now look for ways on how to create a web framework that solves the users pain point.
- Plan and establish your web app. You must create your blueprint on how to create web design and development workflow and how exactly you want your web app to function. This includes the navigation, the branding, buttons and other interactive elements of your app.
- Test your web app. It is now time to test your web app, at this stage it is where you collect constructive criticisms from the users of your app. You can test it by inviting a small group of users to check out your website, or you can also ask the opinion of web developers.
Benefits of using a web development framework
You will have an easier development process. Web frameworks are tools that help you to start developing your website. It will be an easier development process on your part because your software does not need to write scripts from scratch because the framework provides a standard template.
Another example is the easy debugging process because several web frameworks provide built-in support for debugging and QA testing. This will enable you to perform the process and QA testing at the sametime.
- It will give you better page speed and user experience. This is important for your website visitors to have a positive user experience, because it is obvious that nobody wants to visit a slow loading capacity website.
- It helps you to reduce code length. When you use web frameworks you will be spared from writing long lines of code because it provides functions that you can use to automate common web development tasks. Some of these functions or tools that you can use are URL mapping, caching, session management and authentication.
You can secure your website and the information that you collect. You do not need to worry about the security of your web design. Web development framework comes with built-in security features and applications that protects it from threats like cyber attacks, forgery, and data tampering or manipulation. One good example of a web framework when it comes to built in security is Django. Its documentation provides advice on how to implement the security needed on your web application.
The templates will protect your website against Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks. It also has built-in protection against Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF), which will check and verify for a secret in each POST request.
Another unique way of this web framework when it comes to security is that you can also build your own custom security features using the open source framework provided by these tools.
- It helps to improve your database. In a web development framework there are features that can help you to improve your database. An example of this feature that you can take advantage of is the Object Relational Mapper (ORM). This ORM can help you write object codes directly to programming languages and you can also perform different functions without writing lengthy SQL codes.
How to use web development framework effectively
When you have established a well functioning website there is a high possibility that you will be having a positive user experience which can lead to a good credibility for your brand.
Here are some tips that you might want to try on how to maximize web conversion and have the best web app for your users.
- Perform A/B testing – This is a vital part of optimizing your website. Performing A/B testing can let you identify what web page design will work best on your website. Make it a habit to regularly test your web page to help you improve your conversion rate.
Have a live chat feature on your web page – You can engage with customers in need of support and guidance by utilizing a live chat option on your website or social media marketing platforms.
When potential customers have doubts about their purchase, your live chat can help them take that final step towards a conversion by immediately answering their concerns on the spot.
- Introduce a web push notification – Web push notifications let you engage with your audience by keeping them updated on the latest news about your brand. This way, you can still connect with your customers and remind them that your brand is still on the market.
- Add pop-ups or banners – Just like notifications, you can introduce pop-ups and banners to your web page. This is one way you can maximize your web conversion. You have to make sure that your pop-ups or banners are relevant to your user and must be placed in the perfect spot. You can place them on the landing page or set a cookie that only appears once in a single user.
Web development framework is a tool which plays an important role when it comes to creating a website for your brand. Finding a reliable web framework can make or break your website. Here are some key takeaways from this article that you must remember when it comes to web development.
- Invest in web development framework. You must view a web development tool as a long-term asset. As such, you always put your business goals and objectives at the forefront of your considerations when narrowing down your list of options for web development tools.
- Take note of web apps and user experience. In the course of the development process, always keep in mind that you’re making this app for your target audience. Create a web app based on their wants and needs and deliver it to them and this will assure the success of your project.
- Look out for new technologies. Always be updated on the new technologies that are related to the web development framework. This will help you improve your web application development and keep you updated with the latest trends in web development.
Are there aspects of web development framework that you would like to understand better? Talk to the Propelrr team over at our Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn accounts.
You can also subscribe to our newsletter so that you can get these tips delivered straight to your inbox.