Company News 3 min read
SEO: Rules of Engagement and Metrics – MorCon 2012
- Gary Viray
- 02 Oct 2012 2 min read
It is a fact that the SEO industry in the Philippines is growing.
We have awesome talents and skills to showcase globally. However, the need to conduct professionally our business engagement with the clients and brands may deserve some rules of engagement for the industry to achieve higher heights – more than we can imagine. Thus, I presented SEO: Rules of Engagement and Metrics during the Mastering Online Ranking Conference (MORCON) 2012 held last September 29-30, 2012. These are the same rules and guidelines we stand by at our SEO service company, Propelrr. All views here are based on my experience.
The second part of my presentation hopefully answered the following:
- Can you really show the real value of your SEO efforts?
- Is it really measurable? What are the metrics?
- How do you work with developers and not piss them off?
- How Multi-Channel Funnels, Conversion Segments, Custom Reporting and Advance Segment can give more insights and dollar values for your SEO work?
- How to track milestones using Google Analytics Annotation? – Personally, this is my favorite! If you want to do agile SEO, I think this should be part of your monitoring process.
Here is my deck during the MorCon 2012. Thank you for the invite SOP.