We are looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join our Tech Business Unit! As a WordPress Developer at our company, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins.
We are expecting you to have a strong understanding of the latest industry trends and content management systems.
Duties and responsibilities
Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working WordPress theme and plugin
- Customize out-of-the-box WordPress themes and plugins as needed
- Integrate developed WordPress websites (either custom-built themes or customized out-of-the-box themes) with 3rd-party APIs using REST or SOAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools including Git, Mercurial, and SVN.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector and Firebug.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Advanced knowledge in WordPress templating, custom theme development and plugin development
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
Working at PropelrrFind out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
"This is where I experienced growth so I am happy to see the progress of my career during my stay here.”
“My superiors [at Propelrr] can actually show some sort of vulnerability when facing a challenging task which humanizes them and in turn, makes me empathize with them.”
“Working at Propelrr broadens your perspective, knowledge, and skills as a professional since you get to learn different things [from different projects] every day.”
“There’s never a dull moment working at Propelrr. The team will encourage you to spill your ideas and perform at higher levels.”
“I don't feel restricted with the ideas that I contribute to the brands that I'm handling, because Propelrr allows me to explore and have as much fun as I can.”
"[Propelrr] don't just put you into the wild. [The team] equips you first and gives you the challenges you need to grow and become a better person."
“There are no walls here figuratively and literally (sometimes.) You'll be surprised to see your rate of growth here as an all-around digital marketer.”
“Working at Propelrr has been a great experience. It's both fun and challenging in a way that it pushes my skills and abilities to a great extent”
"I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“You’re not gonna fail [here] if anyone else can help it. Which feels nice, but also really solidifies the teamwork and trust culture I’ve encountered.”
“You'd never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Read our reviews on Glassdoor and indeed:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on Glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed