UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Strong graphic design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use-cases and user interaction, including happy path, edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for mobile and the web, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. InVision, Balsamiq)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe XD, Sketch, Zeplin. Knowledge and/or experience with Figma is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality designs to customers.
- A team player who can easily adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s human interface design guidelines, Android design and other mobile platform designs, including Google’s material design.
- Portfolio of design projects
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Build page navigation buttons and search fields
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for mobile.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams throughout the design process
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Stay abreast of UX trends and look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel analogous worlds.
- Research and track advancements in web and mobile application design patterns.
- Break any design problem down into viable actionable chunks and solve them with clarity and precision.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in the web and mobile design field.
Working at Propelrr
Find out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“ Working at Propelrr broadens your perspective, knowledge, and skills as a professional since you get to learn different things [from different projects] every day.”
Dianne Charisse Castor
Technical Writer - Business Analyst
“ I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“ You’d never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Get more candid reviews about our work culture here at Propelrr—from the unlimited coffee supply to all-hands-on-deck projects, here’s a glimpse of what it’s like to work with us:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed