- Graduate of BS/BA in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a PHP backend developer or a similar role.
- Strong hands-on experience and working knowledge on PHP web frameworks (Symfony 2, Laravel, Zend).
- Understands accessibility and security compliance industry standards and/or project-specific policies.
- Working knowledge on object-oriented PHP programming.
- Has extensive understanding of the full synchronous behavior of PHP and MVC design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions.
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds.
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Has understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into unified data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL, etc).
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Implement secure handling of data transit, storage, and retrieval including but not limited to, encryption and encoding of sensitive information.