The Junior Back-end Developer reports to the Project SCRUM Master of the project that he/she belongs to and to his/her immediate supervisor (assigned Senior Java Enterprise Back-end Developer). The Junior Back-end Developer is responsible for managing Java/Java EE application development. Also, he/she is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Must at least be a graduate of BS Computer Science, BS Information Technology and/or other related courses.
- At least 1 year proven development experience in Java development especially in Spring Framework
- Object-oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Basic up to intermediate knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Complete all assigned modules/features according to the Sprint Plans
- Develop efficient, testable, and reusable modules according to the agreed design solution including the integration of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Implement secure handling of data transit, storage, and retrieval including, but not limited to, encryption and encoding of sensitive information
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features should be finished according to the agreed scope estimates
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features for a specific Sprint should not be carried over to the next Sprint.
- Ensure that he/she is well-versed in the usage of required IDEs, tools and/or Java frameworks (Spring is a Must)
- Ensure solution designs and developed modules are in compliance with specifications
- Ensure that the developed modules/features are compliant with the internal quality control standards
Working at PropelrrFind out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“[Propelrr] doesn’t just put you into the wild. [The team] equips you first and gives you the challenges you need to grow and become a better person.”
“There are no walls here figuratively and literally (in the office). You’ll be surprised to see your rate of growth here as an all-around digital marketer.”
“I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“You'd never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Read our reviews on Glassdoor and indeed:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on Glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed
Apply for a Junior Back-end Developer role
We can't wait for you to join our team.