We are looking for an experienced Information Security Officer to design and enforce policies and procedures that protect our organization’s computing infrastructure from all forms of security breaches. You will be responsible for identifying vulnerabilities and working with our IT department to resolve them, ensuring that our network and data remain secure.
To be successful as an Information Security Officer, you should have expert analytical skills and in-depth knowledge of best practices to prevent a wide range of security threats. Top candidates will also be excellent communicators, able to train and educate our staff on various information security topics.
- Degree in Computer Science or a technology-related field.
- Professional information security certification.
- 2 to 3 years Experience in an information security role.
- Identifying vulnerabilities in our current network.
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive plan to secure our computing network.
- Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with security policies.
- Keeping up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Performing or commissioning 3rd party vendors to perform vulnerability assessment and penetration tests to find any flaws.
- Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
- Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
- Educating colleagues about security software and best practices for information security.
- Additional responsibilities include creating processes, assessing incident reports, and developing and implementing crisis communication plans.
- Create compliance reports, support the audit process, measure SOC performance metrics, and report on security operations to business leaders.
- Assist in the annual Data Privacy Assessment activity
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks (mainly NIST).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about various security measures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Project Management skills.
Working at Propelrr
Find out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“ Working at Propelrr broadens your perspective, knowledge, and skills as a professional since you get to learn different things [from different projects] every day.”
Dianne Charisse Castor
Technical Writer - Business Analyst
“ I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“ You’d never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Get more candid reviews about our work culture here at Propelrr—from the unlimited coffee supply to all-hands-on-deck projects, here’s a glimpse of what it’s like to work with us:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed