The Front-end Web Developer reports to the Project SCRUM Master of the project that he/she belongs to and to his/her immediate supervisor (assigned Senior Front-end Web Developer). The Front-end Web Developer is responsible for the translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. He/She will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
He takes and emphasizes a consumer-focused approach in building sites/software and works with front-end teams in determining the prioritization and estimation of new features and improvements.
His/Her main responsibilities are the following:
- Must at least be a graduate of BS Computer Science, BS Information Technology and/or other related courses.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a front-end developer or a similar role.
- Translate all assigned visual mockups into working HTML prototypes
- Build prototype user interfaces that meet the project quality standards and requirements
- Find and address performance issues prior to the release of the finished product to the backend team
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features should be finished according to the agreed scope estimates
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features for a specific Sprint should not be carried over to the next Sprint.
- If developing website templates, he/she must ensure that all proper SEO tags, schema, and other on-site technical SEO guidelines are implemented in the templates
- Ensure developed prototypes are in compliance with specifications
- Ensure that the developed modules/features are compliant with the internal quality control standards
- Basic to intermediate understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic to intermediate understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic to intermediate understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that websites will adhere to them
Working at Propelrr
Find out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“ Working at Propelrr broadens your perspective, knowledge, and skills as a professional since you get to learn different things [from different projects] every day.”
Dianne Charisse Castor
Technical Writer - Business Analyst
“ I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“ You’d never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Get more candid reviews about our work culture here at Propelrr—from the unlimited coffee supply to all-hands-on-deck projects, here’s a glimpse of what it’s like to work with us:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed