The Senior Java Enterprise Back-end Developer reports to the Project SCRUM Master of the project that he/she belongs to and to the company’s Head of Web Development. The Senior Java Enterprise Back-end Developer is responsible for managing Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. Also, he/she is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Must at least be a graduate of BS Computer Science, BS Information Technology and/or other related courses.
- At least 4 years proven experience in Java Software Development especially with the Spring Framework.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc).
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Experience with test-driven development.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Complete all assigned modules/features according to the Sprint plans.
- Develop efficient, testable, and reusable modules according to the agreed design solution including the integration of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL, etc).
- Implement secure handling of data transit, storage and retrieval including, but not limited to, encryption and encoding of sensitive information.
- Review the codes committed and pushed by junior developers to the version control.
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features should be finished according to the agreed scope estimates.
- Ensure that all assigned modules/features for a specific Sprint should not be carried over to the next Sprint.
- Ensure that he/she is well-versed in the usage of required IDEs, tools and/or Java frameworks (Spring is a MUST).
- Ensure solution designs and developed modules are in compliance with specifications.
- Ensure that the developed modules/features are compliant with the internal quality control standards.
Working at Propelrr
Find out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“ Working at Propelrr broadens your perspective, knowledge, and skills as a professional since you get to learn different things [from different projects] every day.”
Dianne Charisse Castor
Technical Writer - Business Analyst
“ I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“ You’d never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Get more candid reviews about our work culture here at Propelrr—from the unlimited coffee supply to all-hands-on-deck projects, here’s a glimpse of what it’s like to work with us:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed