The Senior PHP Web Developer reports to the Project SCRUM Master of the project that he/she belongs to and to the company’s Head of Web Development. The senior PHP Web Developer is responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users.
His/Her primary focus will be the following:
- Design a solution (using the available frameworks of the PHP language) that addresses our clients’ problems in the most efficient approach
- Develop all server-side logic including the integration of the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well
- Define and maintain the central database of all applications developed
- Ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Must at least be a graduate of BS Computer Science, BS Information Technology and/or other related courses.
- At least 4 years proven experience in PHP Web Development.
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Symfony, Laravel, Zend)
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance (standards set by the industry and project-specific compliance)
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Complete all assigned PHP modules according to the Sprint plans
- Develop efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules according to the agreed design solution including the integration of data storage solutions (SQL, NoSQL, etc)
- Implement secure handling of data transit, storage and retrieval including, but not limited to, encryption and encoding of sensitive information
- Review the codes committed and pushed by junior PHP web developers to the version control
- Ensure that all assigned PHP modules/features should be finished according to the agreed scope estimates
- Ensure that all assigned PHP modules/features for a specific Sprint should not be carried over to the next Sprint
- Ensure that he/she is well-versed in the usage of required IDEs, tools and/or PHP frameworks (Symfony 3 is a MUST)
- Ensure solution designs and developed modules are in compliance with specifications
- Ensure that the developed modules/features are compliant with the internal quality control standards
Working at PropelrrFind out what our team members have to say about their work at Propelrr.
“[Propelrr] doesn’t just put you into the wild. [The team] equips you first and gives you the challenges you need to grow and become a better person.”
“There are no walls here figuratively and literally (sometimes.) You'll be surprised to see your rate of growth here as an all-around digital marketer.”
“I always admired Propelrr [for] being transparent to all employees here. They have nothing to hide, especially on your performance.”
“You'd never feel stagnant working here because the team makes you feel that you are valued and actually improving.”
Read our reviews on Glassdoor and indeed:
“The environment, the people, and even the management are just so open and transparent about everything. Everyone is just really willing to share their ideas, share their thoughts, and even encourage you to learn something new.”Read more about us on Glassdoor
“Propelrr employs the strength finder approach which gives everyone a chance to find their niche within the organization and in Digital Marketing and Tech Innovations.”Read more about us on indeed
Apply for a Senior PHP Web Developer role
We can't wait for you to join our team.